2011 - Submissions, letters and reports
- CLCNSW submission to the Australian Communications and Media Authority about Fair Calls for All (1800, 1300 and 13 numbers)
- CLCNSW submission to the Expert Panel on Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
- CLCNSW submission to the Australian Law Reform Commission's Discussion Paper: Family Violence and Commonwealth Laws, addressing accessibility of the MRT for victims of family violence.
- CLCNSW endorsed an ACOSS statement by community organisations, urging a new approach to asylum seekers and refugees following the High Court ruling about Malaysia.
- CLCNSW endorsed a letter sent from the National Police Accountability Network of NACLC to relevant federal and state/territory ministers about the inadequacy of police complaint systems around Australia, and noting that Recommendation 226 of the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody has not been implemented, 20 years on. Associated media release also sent.
- CLCNSW Endorsed: The Youth Justice Coalition's Submission to the 2011 Review of Bail Law, conducted by the NSW Law Reform Commission. The YJC submission is availalbe here
- Abolition of fee waivers in the Migration Review Tribunal - CLCNSW has drawn the injustice of this change to the attention of the Attorney-General (letter), the Minister for Immigration (letter), and the Senate Committee on Regulations and Ordinances.
- CLCNSW has endorsed the Fair Calls for All campaign which is coordinated by the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network. Calls to essential services using 1800, 1300 or 13 numbers from mobile phones should be free or cost a single, untimed, low fee.
- Family Law and Family Violence - Submission to Senate Inquiry into Family Law Legislation Amendment (Family Violence and Other Measures) Bill 2011
- CLCNSW Endorsed: ANTAR’s Call to Action “To reduce the over-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the criminal justice system”
- Changes to Victims Compensation law - Information Sheet produced by CLCNSW.
- CLCNSW Budget Submission for 2011-2012.