CLCNSW currently has 37 members, which are CLCs across NSW.
CLCNSW is the only NSW member of the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC). CLCs in NSW gain representation by NACLC only via membership of CLCNSW.
As the peak organisation for CLCs in NSW, CLCNSW supports and represents its members to the government, funding bodies and other stakeholders. This includes representation on the key state-wide body NSW Legal Assistance Forum.
In addition, all CLCNSW members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Access to all CLCNSW resources for free or heavily subsidised
- Access to training, forums or conferences organised by CLCNSW
- Access to concessions or special arrangements negotiated by CLCNSW from 3rd parties
- Take part in any law reform or education campaigns or networks run by community legal centres
- Receive expert advice and support on governance and service provision issues from the State Office, the CLCNSW Board, and the broader network of CLCs nationally.
Full and Associate members also become automatic members of NACLC and, so long as the NACLC levy is paid annually, they are therefore entitled to the following benefits from the NACLC:
- Access to the national Community Legal Centre bulletin board system (BBS) – an innovative email and intranet system
- Access to bulk-purchase insurance schemes negotiated by NACLC – for PII and also for other insurance
- “Community legal centre” price for the Annual National CLC Conference – the premier event in the CLC calendar
- Representation to the Commonwealth Government on behalf of all CLCs – particularly in relation to better funding and better standardised service agreements
- Representation on the Australian Legal Assistance Forum and other national legal stakeholder groups
- Access to national networks and opportunities for collaboration
- National law reform and human rights campaigns
Access to free or heavily subsidised resources to assist centres, such as the Risk Management Guide and the Financial Management Guide.
List of memberships
To enquire about membership of CLCNSW please contact us.