The Community Legal Centres NSW Aboriginal Legal Access Program makes a significant contribution to access to justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in NSW by:
- Embedding cultural safety into the framework of community legal centres;
- Improving the numbers of Aboriginal staff in the legal sector, and thereby strengthening community connections to civil and early intervention legal services;
- Role-modeling employment pathways and culturally appropriate settings for legal education;
- Delivering legal information and advice; and
- Developing and supporting relationships between community legal centres and local Aboriginal community controlled organisations and groups, including developing MOUs with the ALS and with Tranby College.
Need help with something?
Community legal centres help thousands of people every single day with a whole range of issues - housing, fines, family matters, domestic and family violence - we can help.
Call Law Access on 1300 888 529 or consult our online directory here.