Feedback & complaints policy


Complaints about a community legal centre should, at first, be made directly to the individual centre. All community legal centres have an internal complaints policy (available on their website or by calling the community legal centre), that will explain who you can call or write to and what will happen to your complaint.

What happens if I am not satisfied with the community legal centre’s response?

If you are not satisfied with the response from the community legal centre, you can complain to other bodies.

If your complaint is about a lawyer, you can complain to the Office of the Legal Services Commissioner online or by calling 02 9377 1800 or 1800 242 958 (toll free).

You can also complain to the NSW Ombudsman, which has oversight of community organisations in New South Wales. You can contact the NSW Ombudsman online or by calling 02 9286 1000 or 1800 451 524 (toll-free).

If the community legal centre has their funding administered by the Community Legal Centre Program Unit at Legal Aid NSW, you can also raise your concerns with Legal Aid online or by calling 02 9219 5000.