On August 11 2022, Community Legal Centres NSW will launch Change takes community: Action for a fairer future at NSW Parliament House.
Change takes community presents the community legal sector’s holistic vision for justice, a comprehensive set of legislative and policy reforms will ensure that our communities are fairer and more-inclusive places, where everyone is housed, safe, and has the support they need to thrive and participate.
Change takes community draws upon the community legal centre sector’s extensive experience delivering 185,000 frontline legal services to over 54,000 people across New South Wales every year. As services at the coalface, community legal centres are uniquely placed to identify structural and systemic issues and develop meaningful solutions to these barriers to justice.
Hear from frontline workers and legal experts, learn about the complexities and challenges faced by communities experiencing disadvantage across New South Wales, and be inspired by the solutions that will set us on the path to a more-just future.
- The Hon. Mark Speakman SC MP, NSW Attorney General
- The Hon. Michael Daley DipLaw MP, Shadow Attorney General
Panel: Lessons from the frontline
- Christine Robinson, Coordinator, Wirringa Baiya Aboriginal Women’s Legal Centre
- Nicole Jenkins, Centre Manager, Northern Rivers Community Legal Centre
- Carolyn Jones, Principal Solicitor, Youth Law Australia
- Sharmilla Bargon, Senior Solicitor, Redfern Legal Centre
This will be a hybrid event. In-person attendees will be provided with lunch and the chance to connect with colleagues and Parliamentarians. The launch will be live-streamed over Zoom.
- 12:45pm: Doors open, Theatrette, NSW Parliament House
- 1:00pm-2pm: Change takes community launch (live-streamed)
- 2pm-2:30pm: Networking
The launch of Change takes community: Action for a fairer future is hosted by Attorney General Mark Speakman SC MP.
Registrations are essential.